Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

making coasters




I am involved in a bible study that meets once a month. Every month we study the bible, eat lunch, and do some awesome crafts. In February, I could not go because that was my son, Tristan's birthday {I ate lunch with him}. Since I could not go I had to do this months craft at home...with some help from my 4 year old, Deacon.


We used tiles {that can be bought from your local hardware store}, alcohol, cotton ball, and a monogrammed letter.




First, you wipe off the tiles with rubbing alcohol.





Place your monogrammed letter on the tile and press down.




Peel the paper off.




The last step is to spray the tiles with a sealer {i used matte}.
I got mine at Hobby Lobby.



Now, you have some some pretty coasters to display around your home.







{Thanks Deacon for all of your help! I can't wait for our next project. I love you}


participating in:
Beneath My Heart



10 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I think I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute Kristi! I'll bet he had a good time doing this with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! He did have fun. He is our little handyman.. helper.. builder.. loves to do anything with his hands

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do you get the monogramed letter?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to know where you get the monogramed letters also? I have looked for some before but can't find them. Cute, Cute Coasters!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea!! They look so pretty! You are very lucky to have such a great little helper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little Deacon you got there too! The coasters are adorable. Where did you find the monograms at? Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks! the monogram was printed off the computer by a lady {that i don't know}. i bet you could use a cricket.

    ReplyDelete